As a nonprofit CEO, director, or board member, you need to quickly beef up or refresh the grantwriting skills of those on your team…
Facilitated by veteran grantwriter Dalya Massachi, the Grantwriter’s FastTrack Coaching Program is a unique, hands-on opportunity to develop or refresh your team’s grantwriting skills — in just a couple of months. We’ll cover a wide range of topics concerning the strategy and craft of grantwriting to foundations, corporations, and other grantors.
The FastTrack Program includes several weeks of group training, thorough feedback and advice, and individual “laser” coaching. We will improve at least one grant proposal in real time, and prepare for many others to come.
A group of 2 or more colleagues from your organization (staff, volunteers or board members) or from allied organizations will learn at your own pace. Going through the program with colleagues is a great way to build your individual and organizational capacities in a shared experience.
Included in the FastTrack Program:
1) 90-minute phone/screen sharing sessions to review highlights of the week’s reading, answer questions, and review submitted drafts. Each person’s drafts will be reviewed up to 3 times by the group.
All group calls are recorded and recordings will be available for download within 24 hours. You can then review them or share with your colleagues!
2) Up to 60 minutes of one-on-one laser coaching for individualized support, discussing issues we could not address in the group. All laser coaching calls are recorded and the recordings will be available to you within 24 hours.
3) Private online group for interaction between sessions and exchanging documents and support
4) A copy of my award-winning book, Writing to Make a Difference: 25 Powerful Techniques to Boost Your Community Impact
5) Grantwriter’s FastTrack Manual: full of instruction, tips, samples, checklists, recommended resource listings, and other goodies
6) Certificate of Completion, and (upon request) continuing education credit through CFRE International
7) An end-of-program assessment of your performance and ways to improve/next steps (available upon request)
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING…
“This process took some of the mystery out of grantwriting! I had been scrambling to get grant reports and proposals together, and 2 members of our FastTrack team pitched in. It was unprecedented and made a world of difference!… The program is now a training model for staff and members being introduced to fundraising.” – Jackie Byers, executive director, Black Organizing Project
“Dalya has been a great coach for our grantwriting program. She takes the time to really understand those participating in our program, and to make sure she gets them involved. I really feel everyone benefits when working with Dalya!“ – Amy Rabin, organizer of educational programs for the National Network for Eliminating Disparities in Behavioral Health
“As an executive director, [I believe] this program was very helpful to train other staff. I do not have the capacity to give an in-depth training like what was offered here.” – Susana Sngiem, executive director, United Cambodian Community of Long Beach
“It honestly feels like we are accelerating our grantwriting understanding and abilities by 5 years!” – Joaquin Arguello, school social worker
“The FastTrack Program was immensely helpful in learning what funders want to see and hear and how to best convey our work to them.” – Dominique Navarro, development professional
“I took the course to broaden my skillset, and it worked! I am now helping attract funds at my new organization. I was able to hit the ground running, thanks to the FastTrack program.” – Deborah M., project manager
“I used the exact role play we did in the FastTrack program when I spoke with a local funder. It went very well!” – Krystal Kelly, AmeriCorps volunteer
Want to see a sample of what you can expect in the Grantwriter’s FastTrack Essentials Program? Watch a content-rich introductory webinar, where I give feedback on participants’ grantseeking work HERE and HERE.
All you need to participate are a phone with long distance service and a computer with an Internet connection.
MENTORS HAVE BEEN HARD TO COME BY…UNTIL NOW!
Most people try the traditional way of developing professional grantwriting skills. They start as a development or administrative assistant/associate and work their way up over a matter of years (perhaps under the guidance of an experienced Development Director or Executive Director).
But many nonprofit organizations simply lack the time to build the grantwriting capacity of less-experienced folks. And If you have been working on the programmatic side of things and now need to add grantwriting know-how, you may be a bit lost.
My guess is that you want to develop your skills quickly and efficiently. Your time is at a premium and you are looking for results in a convenient, high-value, low-cost, and supportive professional environment of your peers.
I’ve been in the field for over 20 years and it’s now time to “pay it forward.” That is, I want YOU to benefit from the lessons I’ve learned the hard way! If your organization is ready to invest in quickly boosting your professional grantwriting capacity, you owe it to yourself to check out this unique opportunity. You may also feel the need to invest in your own professional development because it’s that important to you.
1) The FastTrack Program … offers a rare opportunity: thorough, honest feedback and advice from me and several others on 2 of your drafts in a real-world grantwriting situation. It’s not just theoretical!
2) The FastTrack Program … gives you the chance to learn from others’ successes and challenges (“case studies”), as well as practice providing analytical feedback. Hearing others’ different perspectives will add to your own learning process.
3) The FastTrack Program … allows for plenty of opportunities to ask questions in a safe and supportive group and confidential one-on-one setting.
4) The FastTrack Program … does not just deliver one-size-fits-all training. Rather, it is customized to your specific interest areas.
5) The FastTrack Program … results in concrete progress on at least one grant proposal and prepares you to edit many others.
A writer since learning to hold a pencil, I specialize in building the capacity of social sector professionals and volunteers to use their writing to make a difference in their communities. Since 1997, I have raised millions of grant dollars for nonprofits of all sizes on a wide range of social and environment issues. Over the past 14 years I have trained and coached tens of thousands of participants across the U.S., using a friendly, light-hearted style to share top techniques and insights. I have taught folks just like you through scores of nonprofit associations, foundations, and other organizations.
- Writing to Make a Difference: 25 Powerful Techniques to Boost Your Community Impact
- The co-written chapter on Fundraising in Do Good Well:Your Guide to Leadership, Action, and Social Innovation
Got other questions about the FastTrack Program? Check out these Frequently Asked Questions