As you may know, Writing to Make a Difference focuses on both grantseeking and content development. Right now, we are looking to add a few excellent sub-contractors to our team to help complete client work on grant proposals or reports on a variety of topics. Might you be the person we are seeking?
BENEFITS OF SUB-CONTRACTING WITH US
- Expand your client base without having to attract or manage client relationships or engage in business development
- Opportunity to deepen your knowledge on a variety of (possibly new) topics
- Opportunity to accept or decline any specific assignment without jeopardizing an entire client relationship
- Opportunities for professional feedback, dialogue, and collaboration
- At least 8 years of successful experience writing grant proposals and/or reports for foundations, corporate funders, and/or government agencies (experience as an independent consultant preferred)
- Availability 5-15 hours per month for at least 3-6 months, with an interest in potential long-term affiliation
- Content knowledge in your area/s of expertise and/or resourcefulness to get up to speed quickly
- Strong writing, storytelling, editing, proofreading skills
- Ethics/integrity/reliability (including avoidance of conflicts of interest)
- Strong listening/interviewing skills
- Budgeting and/or funder prospect research skills a plus
HOW WE WORK
- Clients work with Dalya to agree on a foundation/corporate/other funder grants calendar (1 or more months in advance). She then offers subcontractors a list of assignments/due dates for the month, with at least 1-2 weeks’ notice (exceptions will occur infrequently). You then will accept or reject the opportunities, based on your availability.
- The initial trial period will be for 3 months, with the potential to take on more assignments from select client accounts once you are very familiar with them and their needs.
- You will most likely communicate directly with the client about assigned projects. In the beginning it will be alongside Dalya.
Please send the following to Dalya Massachi: DM[at]WritingToMakeADifference[dot]com
- A funded grant proposal you recently wrote
- Your resume and cover letter, describing:
- 2-3 recent proposal successes
- Topics you are most familiar with
- Types of funders you are comfortable writing for
- Organizational size or stage you prefer writing about
- Your hourly rate requirements
- Contact info for 2 references
Thank you! We look forward to being in touch soon.